Hiya, friend. Good morning from beautiful Cambria on the Central California coast. I’m here for a few days for a short birthday trip. Hearst Castle is 15 minutes away, and we’re headed there for a tour soon.
I’ve had this quote from Coco Chanel bookmarked for a while, and it’s been on my mind for a couple of days because I’ve been thinking a lot about gratefulness. When I remember to be grateful for everything and everyone in my life, the lighter my soul feels and the fuller my well becomes.
And it’s not just about being grateful for the good things. That’s easy. I think it’s harder to remember that even the challenges in life are chances to learn, so I try to remember to don my gratefulness goggles to learn how to be more empathetic, kinder, patient and graceful.
Speaking of things I’m grateful for today and every day… Thank you for stopping by. I know that you could spend this moment on your weekend reading anything you want, but you chose to stop by MBB, and that’s a precious gift — the gift of someone’s time, and I’m so grateful for it.
- Is it just me, or is Target doing a major push to expand their beauty section? It seems like every week they have a new line I’ve never heard of before. The latest is London-based Makeup Obsession, a brand known for affordable, pigmented products. Their Gloss is about $6, palettes are between $10 and $15, and highlighter is $5.
- These are the best makeup vanities, according to interior designers. Some of them are decently affordable, too.
- In case you were wondering what a memoji is…
- My makeup boo, Sir John, has a new collection collab coming out with a Disney Lion King movie theme.
- 4 makeup artists break down their personal skin care routines
- And because I’m not-so-secretly obsessed, here are 12 of Meghan Markle’s favorite beauty products.
- This is what happens when you empower an AI neural network to name cats.
- The state of New York has banned declawing cats.
- Does one really need sunscreen for their hair?
Been bouncing to this all week long
Love me some Mel Robbins
Oh, and before I leave for a bit, FYI, just in case you didn’t know, if you tell a three-year-old little girl who’s obsessed with Disney princesses that you’re going to “Hearst Castle,” she’s going to repeatedly ask if she’s going to meet Belle, Jasmine and Cinderella. 🙂
Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Powered by WPeMatico